This Halloween, remember to remind all Ghosts, Goblins, Mummies, and Monsters, not to forget to brush their teeth! Remember, no matter what kinds of sugar you are eating, the longer they are in contact with your mouth, the faster tooth decay can occur. Here is a quick checklist to see if you are practicing healthy oral care this month:
– Do you typically use cleaning products that are dentist-approved, or with an ADA Seal of Acceptance?
– Have you been opting for healthier options, when candy is present?
– Do you avoid highly acidic foods, such as sour candies?
– Are you limiting yourself to sweets at mealtime, by skipping out on between-meal snack time?
– Do you brush after eating sugary sweets, to prevent plaque buildup?
– Do you avoid hard candies or sticky candies, due to an increased risk of tooth decay?
– Do you dispose of any additional candy after the holiday, to prevent snacking on sugary sweets for weeks?
– Do you visit your dentist at least every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning?
– Have you ever prepared for Halloween with a Candy Plan, often used to prevent yourself and your family from going overboard?
If you answered yes to all nine questions, congratulations! You are well on your way to being a Halloween hygiene superstar!
If you wish to make an appointment for yourself and all the little monsters in your life, please call Kimberlee J. Karey, DDS in Ann Arbor, Michigan, at 734.668.6612 to talk to a member of our team.
From all of us at Kimberlee J. Karey, DDS, have a ‘ghoulriffic’ Halloween!