Sleep apnea is a common oral health disorder that can have devastating effects on your life. Sleep apnea occurs while you are sleeping and is the result of irregular and interrupted breathing patterns, caused by broken signals in your brain-to-muscle deliveries, or via obstructions in your throat.
Recognizing sleep apnea risk factors is much easier if you know what you are looking for. Listed below are important facts regarding sleep apnea risks:
– Sleep apnea disorder can be caused by a wrongly-sized portion of your body, including oversized tonsils, a large tongue, or a small jaw.
– The chance of you developing sleep apnea can be increased if you are often the victim of sinus problems or nasal allergies.
– As you age, you become more at risk of sleep apnea disorder.
– As with many health disorders, you may be at a heightened risk for sleep apnea based on your genetics and family history of the ailment.
– Nasal blockages and obstructions, including a deviated septum, can elevate your risk for sleep apnea.
– Even though oral health disorders can happen to anybody, they are usually most common in men.
Come in and see for yourself the magic of sleep apnea treatments. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Kimberlee J. Karey and our team at our dentist office in Ann Arbor, Michigan, call Kimberlee J. Karey, DDS at 734.668.6612 and a member of our team will gladly assist you. We look forward to hearing from you soon!